re: axle shafts

Not true!  Mr. Neely has led a charmed life with regard
to axle shafts!  On my '67 GTV, one of them would never
come out cleanly.  It was like an interference fit,
definitely needed a puller, or in one case I removed the
axle tube with shaft and found a nearby V-shaped split
tree and...  Hey, it was late....

Steve S.

"If Greg means the axle shafts, they will normally come
out without using
special tools.  In fact, the axle itself can be pulled
with no tools at
all.   All that is needed is to move the caliper,
disconnect the handbrake
cable, undo the four bolts on the inboard side of the
tube, grab the brake
rotor and pull the axle straight out of the tube."