re: listing milano

hey mark,

> About the poor handling...  I would first suspect
> the watts link bushings as the source of your rear
> end wiggle.
[...]
> While you're at it you'll want to check the
> condition of the rear trunion mount...[...] It was
> the source of my milano thunking.

the thunking is definitely in the right rear - if i
take a speed bump with just the left side, i don't get
a thunk. though it might be that the front right
torsion bar is so out of adjustment that the rear
spring is being compressed enough to let the drive
shaft hit the exhaust pipe (which does have a hole in
it from just such a problem - which i originally
attributed to a weak rear spring)

interestingly, if it's just me, the car handles
approximately okay (certainly not like it should, but
it's not spooky). whereas if i have a passenger up
front and in the rear *left*, the neutral position for
the steering wheel rotates to the left- i.e. the
stitching points to the left when going straight. i
*just* noticed this last night 'cause previously i'd
been putting only solo miles on since putting the
engine back together.

-ethan