Re: radio removal from Milano

In a message dated 9/23/2001 1:13:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
bill_bain@domain.elided writes:

> Once the radio is out, the thought occurs to me that simply replacing it
> with a modern CD player one would be an option (no more code!), so I'm back
> to square one -- how much of a nightmere is it to get the radio out?

First if the radio is working but needs the code when you turn it on you will
get some sort of numbers on the readout, I can't remember exactly what they
are. If you don't get anything then proceed to radio removal and check the
fuse in the back of the radio. The radio is removed with the standard style
DIN removal tool. The tool is a pair of u-shaped pieces of wire. One is
inserted into the corresponding holes on either side of the radio. You can
then pull out the unit. Most auto stereo stores will carry them and I believe
that they came with the Milano, at least both of mine did. If you can't find
a set a thin coat hanger can be made to work. When I bought my second Milano
about five years ago Crutchfield had an installation kit for the Blaupunkt
which I purchased. Installation was easy and all features including the power
antenna worked correctly. You may luck out and find that someone wrote the
code on the top of the radio as on both of my Milanos. It was also written in
the owners manual.

John Katos
West Dundee, IL USA