Re:Milano smog questions

Jeff, the problem is certainly not inherent in your use of the 2.5 AFM.
I am running the same combo with a 3 liter in my GTV6 and with a decent
converter it passes CA smog easily, very easily.  I'll mention that I am
only assuming that  you are referring to CA smog (loaded test, rolling
dyno, no idle check) as you used the term gross polluter. I'm not saying
the AFM might not be defective,  as a bad one certainly could
contribute,  but there's no inherent emissions penalty if things are
adjusted properly

As to the hard driving issue, there would be no performance difference
at high flow rates as it is my understanding that the 2.5 and 3.0 AFMs
are exactly the same size and differ only in a few clicks of the idle
spring adjustment.  At WOT the AFM is out of the control loop.  As I
understand it that small spring set difference allows a straight
replacement out of the box without idle adjustment for either engine,
otherwise the two parts would be the same.

Gerry Lehmann
'86 GTV6