Re: 164 camber

Rich,
thanks to that post, I finally realized what I had done wrong on my
suspension, and why one side of the car was lower than the other! (I
realized this while sitting at work one day, with my mind wandering).
I had put one side ON TOP of he A-arm, and one side BELOW the A-arm!

The ball joints have a flange on them, and they bolt onto the A-arm. There
are three bolts that go through the flange and the A-arm. If you place the
flange ON TOP of the A-arm before bolting it on, I think you will be doing
what is stock. If you put the flange UNDER the A-arm before bolting them
together, you will effectively bring the bottom of your wheels a little
closer. This is not obvious to me, but it seems plausible.
Be careful if your suspension is lowered, as it might cause your springs
to be compressed a little more (doing what I hade done on the passenger
side of my car, causing my wheels to rub).

Look at this page of the manual to see what the suspension components look
like:

http://alfalover.dhs.org/164/s7a219.jpg

later,

karl