Paint Question

Now that my instruments are looking healthier and brighter, I've
undertaken to paint the dash board, but the process is not going well
and I need to once again seek the advice of those who have BTDT before
me.

I chose to begin with the easily manageable glove box door, and started
by stripping it chemically. When I had removed all of the top coat
(which was crazed and pealing, and was the reason for doing the job to
begin with) I sanded with progressively finer papers, ending with 600
grit. After cleaning it with mineral spirits, I gave it two coats of
Rustoleum primer, about 25 minutes apart, per the instructions on the
Rustoleum can. As the primer dried, it began to craze just like the
original paint that prompted the whole job.

I'm working in an open garage with temperature in the seventies and
reasonable (for Virginia!) humidity.

What am I doing wrong?

Bob K
Reston, VA