164S Camber Fix

I lowered my 164S a few months ago with Weitec springs that dropped the
car 30mm. I had read about camber changes that couldn't be adjusted out
experienced by some 164 owners who had lowered their cars. My alignment
shop, who have done a brilliant job in the past (absolutely no uneven
wear on any tire), showed me that three of the four wheels were in spec
after lowering, while the front passenger-side wheel was at 0 degrees.
They suggested longer A-arm bolts that would allow them use shims to
push the camber to the desirable range. Having just replaced the A-arms,
and looked at the A-arm mounting, I wasn't sure that this method would
get the result they were looking for.

Recently, I followed a thread on the 164 FAQ Suspension Discussion Board
about an owner who had moved the placement of the ball joints from
"below the A-arm" to "above the A-arm." This apparently provided enough
of a change in geometry that the camber could be within spec. I asked
the owner to explain what was meant by the "above the A-arm " and "below
the A-arm" placement of the ball joints. He simply said to take it apart
and it would be apparent. I just replaced both ball joints in July, and
can pretty clearly remember how they mounted. Without pulling the front
suspension apart to have a look, I can't visualize how the ball joint
can be mounted differently than it already is. Anyone else out here with
a lowered 164 have experience with this fix? I'd really appreciate any
input, clarification or direction. Thanks in advance for the help.

Rich Lasner
92 164S
ARA
AROC