164 Lower Ball Joint

I've been getting a clunk from my right front when backing out and turning.
I've replaced the a arm, lower sturt bearing  and engine mounts.  Since the
part is cheap I thought I would replace the the lower ball joint next to see
if that is the problem.  I s there a tool required to remove and replace the
ball joint?  Also are there any tricks or short cuts?  Thanks!

                                                 Terry Johnston
                                                 91 164 S
                                                 83 GTV6 (orginal owner)
                                                 74 Spider