Re: alfa-digest V8 #52 - GTV-6 drain plug?

In a message dated 09/15/2001 8:24:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 17:55:50 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Alan Lambert <lechefgerard@domain.elided>
> Subject: GTV-6 drain plug?
>
> Hi all---I've perused the car and the CarDisk, but I can't find where a
> block drain plug might be. I ask because I want to insert a magnesium
> anode while the car's partially apart.
>
> Anybody know?
>
> thanks
>
> alan

       The Milano has a pair of them.  Look under the exhaust manifold
approximately below cylinder number three.  There should be a brass plug, one
on each side.  The passenger side may be behind the starter.
       I put a pair of the sacrificial anodes in my Milano when I overhauled
it about 1994.  I later removed them to flush the antifreeze or change the
water pump or both.  The sacrificial stuff was sacrificed all right.  It was
also right there at the bottom of the water jacket partly plugging the hole.
       I do not think I will ever buy another set of these anode things.
Better to just keep fresh antifreeze in the engine, me thinks...

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City