Re: alfa-digest V8 #52 - L-Jetronic Flywheel Trigger Pin

       I have an 85 engine with flywheel in the garage.  Measuring from the
ring that the pressure plate bolts to, the flywheel teeth project
approximately 15 mm.  The little magnetic button or trigger projects
approximately 9 mm.
       I say approximately as it is not real easy to measure.  Plus I was
using a cheap plastic vernier caliper marked in mm.  If you need closer
measurements, I will move a bunch of Alfa parts so I can get to it better and
use my dial caliper.

       How did you remove the trigger from the flywheel?  I am curious as to
what holds it in place.  It has to be more than a press fit or centrifugal
force would remove it.  Or I would think it would.  I know from experience
that the Bosch L Jetronic engine will turn at least 7400 RPM.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City