Totalled 164

That car could be the twin of mine, a white on grey leather 1991 164L. Mine
received similar damage to the left front corner, less severe and cost
about US$ 2,600.00. The key is whether the front end got pushed into the
drivetrain and damaged it.

These cars are surprisingly strong and you might be surprised at how
fixable it is. Get it appraised and don't be afraid to specify
remanufactured parts (I authorized a remanufactured bumper cover which
saved about US$900!!!), and proper panel beating of the original panels (my
hood and left fender were professionally straightened and refinished) after
all you are repairing a 10 year old car. My car is as good as ever (and it
was also hit in 1992 costing US$10,000.00 to repair) straight and rattle free.

Good luck

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada