Spider Gear Oil Change

Hello All -
I hate to argue with Russ Neely who I know to be much wiser and knowlegable
than myself, but the easiest way to refill the tranny is to buy a
hand-operated suction pump. I bought one a few years ago at a Autozone or
Pep boys or someplace. I found that with the pump, I can fill the tranny
from the right side of the car by lying on my back and reaching around to
the other side to stick the hose from the pump into the fill hole. This
still reguires some care and patients as the fluid must be introduced fairly
slowly. Still, I've never refilled a tranny without making a sticky,
horrible mess....

BTW, the 75/25 mix of 50W motor oil and regular 80W90 gear worked wonders
for the 2nd gear syncro on my 72 GTV. I'ts still not perfect, but much, much
better. I had previously tried Redline, and regular & synthetic 80W90 gear
oil, but the motor oil/ gear oil combo seems to work best for my car.

Peace,
Rich M
72 GTV