RE: Spider Suspension Myth vs. Reality?

If you're replacing a fair amount of suspension bushings and ball joints,
and the car has 90k miles on it, I'd seriously recommend replacing *all* of
the bushings and ball joints.

Once you start taking things apart it's usually just as easy to replace a
whole bunch of stuff as opposed to just the 1-2 items that may really need
it, however you're already eating most of the labor, and you can pretty much
assume that the items you don't touch won't be far behind the items you do
touch.

I've done the complete job on a few high mileage cars.  It transforms the
car, you don't realize how sloppy things get over time.

Total cost, having someone else do all the labor, runs around $1300 - $1500,
IIRC.

Plus you only need to do one alignment (as opposed to checking the alignment
after replacing pieces one by one over the next 10k - 20k miles).

Fwiw,

bs

p.s.  I wouldn't use nylon bushings, I like the Performatek (or similar)
bushings, they're a poly compound with similar supple-ness to the stock
rubber.