Heavy Spider Clutch ... Again

Many thanks for the replies off Digest.

Bruce Giller's response was the most challenging since gravity gain (GG) has
not been seen in these parts for many years. He does note however the
possibility of negative gravity gain (Gg) on my clutch dilemma and vacuum /
braking system. A couple of questions about the vacuum system.

First, nowhere in the AR shop manual is the description that the clutch
requires any vacuum assist. It appears (to my weak inquiring mind) that it
is an independent hydraulic system. Does the clutch master cylinder scab
vacuum off the brake booster module since it mounts adjacent to the module
in the engine compartment?

Second, as part of a troubleshooting methodology, I am planning on replacing
the clutch hose but would also entertain replacing the vacuum booster hose
as Bruce implies. I would like to pick one (or an equal) up locally to avoid
rush shipping for this weekend on a $15 part.
What diameter is the brake booster hose?

I presume when replacing the hose I will be able to remove & confirm the
operation of the check valve.
If the valve is bad, what is a source for a replacement check valve?

If these steps fail, it is time to R&R the slave cylinder then the master.

More later....

Thanks for the great help.
Rob Favali
Burlington VT