Re: alfa-digest V8 #44

Paul Mitchell,
I was the one who started the furor about the Alfa daily driver but your
letter expands my point. By your own admission you didn't buy the cars new.
My wife's daily driver is know as a "fright pig" because of it's general
cosmetic condition. But it runs like a train! We bought it because we didn't
want to buy a new car to fill with baby glop and the Milano Gold Automatic
was the right price at the right time. I bought my first seven Alfas as my
sole means of transportation, including my 12,000 mile, 18 month old GTV-6,
which I still own. Now, however, that I'm a little older and a little more
affluent I have different needs. My daily driver can be subject to some
rather harsh conditions. I wouldn't consider ANY car over $10,000-12,000 new
for the position and I really would prefer to buy a beater and just replace
it when it dies and spend as little as possible on keeping it running.
Nothing against an Alfa, but I couldn't stand the thought of a beater Alfa. I
would spend way too much money on trying to bring it back.
Thomas A. Gonnella