Anniversary

Today is the 40th anniversary of the death of Wolfgang von Trips at the
Italian GP in 1961.  For most of us in the USA, that was the year that
ABC's Wide World of Sport introduced us to Formula I, carrying most of the
races the week after they happened.  As a 14 year old, I stayed glued to
the set at 4 PM on Saturday afternoons.  Von Trips was my favorite and his
demise really saddened me, maudlin teen that I was.

Mike