Milano Problems

Alfisti:  An update on my Milano Problems.  It is running!!  I changed the
fuel filter, found old one not too bad and it did not seem to be
clogged.  Inspected all hoses, and ran a propane test with negative
results. l did find a hose running from top of the fuel regulator loose and
the hose from the canister to the large rubber intake hose was loose,  so
put hose clamps on these hoses.  Checked all electrical connections. We
also removed and cleaned the oil separator.  At this point we got it
started with application of throttle while starter was turning the motor
over. We found the adjustment for idle was now effective so we adjusted it
for the highest idle, which was still low, approximately 800 RPMs.  We then
adjusted the throttle cable since it was loose at throttle full off.  It
appeared that the throttle was still not against the stop so we adjusted
it,. It has the plug on it, so we turned the screw it self using a small
pair of vise grips, with the throttle held wide open, (engine off). We
adjusted it for about 950 RPMs. I will use a dab of Locktite on  the screw
so it doesn' t change again.  The engine now starts and idles smoothly. It
appears that over time (95,000 miles) the throttle stop screw had worked it
self in or wore making the idle too low.  At this point with the engine
running, I checked the ignition key by wiggling it but nothing
happened.  The next thing to do is to change out all of the OEM
fuses,  then I will do continuity  and voltage checks on every relay I can
find. I hope this will cure the sudden quitting problem.  Again many, many
thanks for all of the suggestions, I learned a lot.
Bill Schafer
88 Spider QV
87 Milano Oro-running again.