Repair of GTJr Dash

Good morning Alfisti,

The dashboard in my 70GTJr has the typical cracks
running from the air vents to the front edge.  I don't
really want to buy a dashcap and a new one is out of
the question right now, so what can I do to fill in
the cracks? The Eastwood company sells a kit for just
this purpose, but is there anything I can purchase at
the local Home Hardware, Canadian Tire that would do
the trick?

Thanks
Phil Gicante
London, ON