daily driveer - ironic twist?

hi thomas, among other tings, ewe said:
"...So yes Tony I understand that some people will have an Alfa as their daily driver but for most it will be a toy or at best a fair weather car."
two thoughts -

1st, if fiat/gm agrees w/ewe, alfas will not be coming; if they don't agree w/ewe and send 'em over, but yure correct, they will leave shortly after they arrive.

the second thought is really how bizarrely ironic it wood be if yure correct:  the *masses* in the usa would see the alfa as a *special* car, but i'd bet if ewe were to poll those of us on this list - the *fanatics* - the overwhelming majority want an alfa as a daily driver!  ;~)

doug s.

btw, yer admittedly sad tale about the fate of yer alfa, & my agreement w/the fact that most folks see car as appliance here, doesn't conwince me that cars like alfas are only toys - way too many $40k-$120k cars being driven frantically around here in the metro-dc area, considered one of the wosrt traffic areas in the country...