re: Spider crankshaft / block tolerance & nitriting questions

Dan,
	I recently asked the same question concerning the crank in my '73 GTV.
As always I got several answers:

	- don't ever machine a Alfa crank, get a good used one
	- yes, you can grind them and not re-nitrite them
	- yes, you can grind them and then re-nitrite them
	- not worth the cost to grind/re-nitrite, get a good used one for less

	I was fortunate in that my crank didn't need to re-ground, just
polished so I didn't have to make a decision.  But if it came down to
it, I'd go with either a machined & re-nitritied crank or a good used
one, which one was less costly.

	Are you getting everything balanced?

	Bruce

	'86 Spider
	'73 GTV

	"Bite my crank!" sez the Checkered Demon