Spyder Spider

The entire spyder/spider question is interesting.  I believe that we
have yet to really nail down the origin of the word as it applies to
vehicles.

In any case ...................   a few years ago I visited MOTION
PRODUCTS in Wisconsin.  There was an amazing collection of cars being
worked on including 3 (possibly 4)  8Cs.  It was pointed out by the
restorer that the old question regarding AR and spyder/spider might
be closer to resolution by observing the "spyder" clearly stamped on
the frame (as I recall) of the car we were focusing on.  (There was
no question of the authenticity of the stamping)

Where the hell has the summer gone????????

David

East Troy, Wisconsin