Re: First-time Alfa owner needs info

Colin,
 Since you are new to the list let me be the first to welcome you. I would
also like to assure you that the current, seemingly endless threads on such
fascinating topics as; lugnuts (ooh!), shit lists (hmm?), and the two most
common spellings of "Spider" (whoa!) are not indicative of what you will
normally find here. Normally there is a lot of very useful information being
shared about the care, maintenance, love for, and driving of our wonderful
Alfas (<-- look! no apostrophe!). I expect the list to return to these
subjects soon. Very soon.

tony martie
also have a 78 spider

Oh yeah, your questions. I do not have the answers to most of them but, the
smoke thing is probably just a little oil leak on an exhaust pipe and the
vent window latch can be stuck back on with rear-view mirror adhesive (any
auto parts store).