Re: lug nuts

I have used the "acorn nuts" with steel wheels on various 105s. The wheels
were 15" ones off a Giulia, widened to 6" and they looked great with 195-60
P6s. As a dress-up item they drew a lot of comment but they were heavy so
the suspension thumped around heaps. I used the hubcaps from a 2000 GTV to
finish them off and found that the flanges around the lug nuts would not
hold the hubcaps tight which indicated that in the later 2000 series steel
wheels, the ring ridge on which the cap sits, did not project as far.
problem was solved by using O-rings under the flanges of the nuts. I'm not
sure if the 1750 wheels would present the same problem because their
dimensions are practically identical to the 2000 ones the main difference
being the retaining projections for the 1750 (conventional) hubcaps. ... Er
... I don't think these hubcaps can be fitted over the acorn nuts... :-)

Ciao tutti

Les in Wellington, New Zealand
64 Giulia Sprint GT
69 GTA 1300 Jr