re: Hot Starts

My car has a problem similar to the one described in the original
post, at least in cold weather, but the numbers are a little
different.  It'll start fine after sitting overnight, and it'll start
fine if shut off in the last hour or so, but if it sits for 1-5 hours
it cranks for a while before it starts.  Anyway, I've never bothered
to resolve it.  Re: Tom's post, I don't think it's the TTS or the
AAV.  If the original poster lives in a temperate climate in the
Northern hemisphere, his cold start injector isn't coming into play
at all.  I suppose maybe the CSI is firing when its not supposed to
and flooding the engine (due to a faulty TTS), but I kind of doubt
it.  (That theory does work though--after so many attempts to start
the TTS would stay open having used up its 9 seconds or whatever,
after a few more attempts the engine would no longer be flooded.)  As
for the AAV, it won't affect the mixture since the additional air it
lets into the engine goes through the airflow meter.  A faulty AAV
will screw up your idle speed, not mixture.  Of course, my experience
is with an '82 V6--later cars with the 3-position throttle position
switch might get leaned out by a bad AAV, but I kinda doubt it.
Anyway, if you figure it out, let me know as it might help my car
behave better in the winter.  Oh, BTW, I totally agree that it's not
a fuel pressure problem; if you're going to have a residual fuel
pressure problem it will certainly be apparent when starting cold
after the car has been sitting.