Re: Hot Starts

Since the car starts when cold and runs perfectly, and since many
fuel-supply system parts have been replaced, I would look beyond a fuel
pressure or injector problem.

Perhaps the problem lies withing the Bosch control system.  Maybe the
thermo-time switch is not resetting itself soon enough to allow a restart
after 10-60 minutes.  The problem could also be compounded by a sticking
Auxiliary Air Valve.  If this valve sticks open while slightly warm, the air
mixture will be too lean.

You could try replacing the thermo-time switch.  I don't think they are too
expensive.  Before replacing the AAV (they are expensive), try taking it off
the car and rotating the plates inside with a probe or screwdriver with some
WD-40.  That should free up the spring, if it is sticking.

-Tom
'86 Spider