Re: Weird crank ringnut

Chris (et al),

Just to add my 200 lira after the John's and Tom's replies.  The 2600 also
uses this arangement of plates behind the crank flange.  The shop manual
explains just the procedure that Tom described (whih completely mystefied me
until I checked the parts manual).  I was able to achieve the same results
without creating studs by cutting some sqare hardwood sticks to just fit the
diameter of the unthreaded flywheel holes and screwing them into every other
hole.  They don't have to hold much, since they just keep the plates in place
until you put the bolts back in.  I would have made the studs as Tom described
but bolts of the correct pitch were not readily available.

Dan Scolaro
Delaware Valley AROC   www.dvaroc.org
Phila, PA

65 2600 Spider