Re: Alfa's U.S. Return Delayed!!!!

> But then G.M. stunned the auto industry last month by appointing Robert A.
> Lutz, a highly regarded auto executive who was instrumental in turning
> Chrysler around in the 1990's, as vice chairman in charge of product
> development. Mr. Lutz is expected to take full control of G.M.'s auto lineup.
> His first priority is likely to be the cars that G.M. has under development,
> making any quick decision on Alfa unlikely. Indeed, G.M. spokesmen confirmed
> recently that it was too early to discuss any details of Alfa's possible
> return.

What I don't understand is: why does the employment of Bob Lutz suddenly
change the dynamics of the GM-Fiat agreement? Why wouldn't Mr. Lutz want to
distribute and service Alfas at Cadillac/Saab dealers in the US?

This article is the only published report (that I know of) of a reversal of
the plans that were established over the past year or so. I am skeptical of
its accuracy.

Jim