speeding in CA

Kim, et al.

Having driven between LA and Seattle far to many times to recall the last
several years while I was in Law school, let me pass on a few thoughts.  The
drive is very long and rather dull, I used to think it was fun but that
lasted only for a couple of trips then it got real dull after that.  I do
triple digits on the road and have never gotten a ticket in CA.  The cops
have only in the last several years started using radar.  The CHP only gets
it (this was true two years ago and may have changed)if it is provided by
the local county.  And my experience is that when they have it they run with
it on all the time.  So get yourself a very good radar detector and learn
how to use it.  I use a valentine one and have had it pay for its self many
times over.  Speeding on lesser highways like 1 and 101 can be tough because
county sheriffs patrol those roads and know how to use radar.  In fact the
only place I almost got a speeding ticket was south of Hearst Castle on 101,
a county cop under a tree.  Speed if you want, I do, but use electronics as
your friend.  Be wary of planes as well.  If you do get nailed it can be
expensive, my dad got caught doing triple digits up by shasta, the ticket
was for "95+" and over $350.  So be careful.

gary
tacoma
89 spider
92 jag