164 Problems and questions

I am in the process or acquiring a beautiful 93 164L that is in spotless
condition and has only 63K miles on it. Serviced by the book and with belts
changed 15K miles ago. Have gone over it with a fine comb and can only find
three flaws, one of which is serious.
1. The gas filler cap does not open from the dash button. I know there is a
release in the trunk by the filler inlet, but where and how does one open
it.? Can the button be cleaned/replaced?
2. Air/heater work fine but the internal temp. does not light up. Again how
can that be rectified ?
3. And more serious. The car has a $4k stereo system with Sony 6-CD changer
in the trunk and a series of amps etc. next to it under the rear deck. They
feed a large speaker system in a large fitted box at the rear of the trunk
plus the other rear deck speakers. The former has 10" JBL woofers and
sub-woofers in it, which sound great but are certainly overkill for me. The
Sony CDV 700 or whatever its nos. are, is lovely but definite car thief bait.
The car has a very serious battery drain which necessitates unhooking the
neg. terminal each time it is parked. There is a noticeable spark whenever it
is replaced. I suspect it must be caused by the stereo system  which appears
to be powered by a thick red cable going into the positive terminal via a
very large clear plastic round fuse box. If it is not the stereo system, then
what else is there in the electrics that is hot when the ignition is off ?
4. Does the 93 come with pasenger side air bag, and if so, where is it ?.
There is a small panel to the right of the glove box that is loose, but that
appears to only contain a rect. m/f plug.
5. Somebody mentioned to check the radiator fan low speed resistor to see if
it is still OK. Where is this on the 164 and also on the Milano. I don't
think my fan works at low speeds  although I have changed the fuse on the
right fender wall.
Thanks for any advice.
Graham Arlen
MIlano, 74 GTV, 101 spider, and shortly a 164..