Re Daily GTV driver

Hi folks,

Just my 2cents (which is in Australian currency, and probably only worth
about .02 cents US.  Hahaha)

I bought my 1750 GTV 2 years ago, and after restoring it  (not concours,
just to look and feel great) I drive it to work every day, clocking up
200-250 miles a week just driving to work alone.

It's not super economical, and when the temperature soars in summer to those
100 degree days, and you're stuck in traffic - well I put a great stereo in
for that.

A friend of mine also has a gtv, same model. And he drives similar miles in
his car, and -very- often the subject of our conversation has turned to
selling the GTV's and getting a late model Milano, or a huge bank loan and
snaring a 156.

Somehow, we've still stuck to the cars.  Probably because 80% of the time,
they're such a blast to drive. Rowing through the gears around a few tight
curves.  Overtaking the latest japanese econo-mobiles.  The snarl of the
exhaust that lets you pick Alfa's out of other cars passing by.

THen again, maybe it's just that the petrol fumes begin to get to you and
you hallucinate.

Scott Murray
'71 1750 GTV.  Verde Muschio Chiaro.