Spider seat removal

Okay, a little late. Yeah, push those seats as far forward as you
possibly can. I believe (short memory) I use a long socket extension, a
universal adapter (because you can't get the socket to go straight in
otherwise) , and a 6mm hex socket to remove both the front and rear
bolts.

There are two tabs in the front and two in the rear. They are located
somewhat inside the frame rails and the front ones are bent forward, the
rears, bent to the rear.

It might be possible to reach under the front ones with a screwdriver
and hammer and tap the tabs forward, lift the seat front and possibly
one can wiggle the back tabs out--thus removing the seat cushion.

All eight tabs were broken off on the '73 Spider's seat cushions and the
seats sort of flopped around. The upholstery shop suggested Velcro. So
after they covered the seats in leather (including perforated leather in
the center sections) they finished the bottoms with new burlap type
material, and stitched in the Velcro. On the seat pans, they glued in
the 'other side' of the Velcro.

The client was most impressed at first how beautiful the seats were and
that they now stayed in place, but when I demonstrated how one could
simply pull up on the seat cushions to clean, etc., he was bowled over.

Biba
Biba Restorations
Irwindale CA, USA