Q: Correct setting up values for the 2000 LSD rear axle?

Q: Correct setting up values for the 2000 LSD rear axle?

Dear friends,

I have just bought the rear axle of the dismantled 2000 Berlina. I am going
to assemble it to my 1750 GTV. Both pinion gear and the ring are in very
good condition but I am going to change couple of bearings and of course
check all setting up values during assembly.

What I have, is the possibility to use all types and good quality measuring
devices that typical machine shop has and skill to rebuild the
differential, so don't worry about me. Problem is that I don't have the
setting up values for the rebuild so I need your help! I have the values
for the 1750 original axle, that is sometimes called as *small* transaxle
but I don't have the values for the 2000 LSD transaxle.

I believe, that the bearing preloads are the same (Just guess, but I don't
see the reason why it would differ?)
Checking distance for pinion head to rear axles centreline is 57 mm + value
stamped to the pinion head for the 1750, but what it is for 2000 LSD?

I checked the same existed value of my new 2000 Berlina rear axle before
full dismantle, and the pinion head to axle centreline was 59,40..59,44 mm.
Stamped value on  the pinion head is -0,04.

So if you have the workshop manual or other information source for 2000 LSD
rear axle please inform me about the right checking values and especially
this pinion to rear axles centreline dimension.

Thank  you in advance!
Antti S.
Finland

 Tarja Sukuvaara                         PUH  03 525 0298
 Teknillinen korkeakoulu Lahden keskus,  FAX  03 525 0202
 Saimaankatu 11, 15140 LAHTI  _________  GSM 040 554 1506__