Re: 74 manifold Hitting Bell Housing (spider)

I recently purchased a 74 manifold and exhaust system to go on my 77 engine
and transmission in my 86 spider. I am having problems with the exhaust
flanges where the manifold meets the dual pipes, hitting the bell housing and
creating a nice rattle.    Only under load at @ 2500 rpm .  The clearance is
very small.  I replaced the muffler mounts on the transmission and the
hangers are all in excellent shape.  The 74 manifold was recommended to me by
the supplier who stated that it was the better of manifolds used on the
engines other than headers.  Has anyone experienced this problem, and are
there any ideas of a remedy.

Thanks for any info
Stan
Columbus, GA