trucks as passenger cars

Once again, I hate to post when I'm a week behind in my e-mail, but all
this SUV talk is making me sick.  There are NO ADVANTAGES, SAFETY OR
OTHERWISE to using a truck as a passenger car on public roads.  I'm
appalled that anyone on this list would say anything positive about these
anti-sportscars that make our roads increasingly unsafe for the vehicles
that we love (that don't do anyone any harm).  If anyone actually thinks
that mass=safety, I'd be happy to build you a body-on-frame car with a body
made of bricks if you want to crash test it.  I would certainly hope that
expounding the evils of trucks on an Alfa list would be preaching to the
choir, so I won't, but I'll post my most recent SUV rant to
http://drthunder.dhs.org/~jelliott/trucks.html.  It is aimed at a
non-automotively inclined audience, but I have to question the intelligence
of ANYONE who uses trucks on the road.  I'd rather no offend anyone, but
I'd also rather not die as a consequence of using our highway system, and
I'd rather not tell my grandchildren that they can't experience gas-powered
sports cars because we used up all of our oil on roadgoing trucks around
the turn of the century.

I'll stop talking now,
Joe Elliott <--needs nomex pants
'82 GTV6 for fun, safe transportation