Re: Forged con-rods & euro dashes.

Hi Ben,

>Can anybody out there give me an idea as to the cost of a set of four
>forged con rods (Carillo? any ideas?) for the 2l motor? I would like to
>be able to reliably rev past 6500 rpm, as i intend to fit some lumpier
>cams a a later stage.

Go to Alfa Riccambi's web site to see the prices, but make sure you are
sitting down! From memory, they are around US$1100.  The URL is
http://www.arricambi.com  <No affiliation or interest implied>

>Also wonder if anybody can shed some light on a story that i heard about
>early alfetta coupes in europe (lhd) having the Tacho in front of the
>driver rather than the speedo. Would make driving within the engines
>limits a bit easier.

The split instrument cluster GTVs in Australia (up to 1983) had the
tachometer in the centre, due to an Australian Design Rules (ADR)
requirement. So be aware that if you do convert your car and get pulled
over by P.C. Plod... he could defect your car!

Regards,
Robert Jones,
Sydney, Australia
1979 Alfetta GTV 2000