GTV6 fuel line

>Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:33:45 -0500
>From: "Aaron King" <a949king@domain.elided>
>Subject: GTV6 fuel line question
>
>I am in the process of replacing the 1/2 in fuel line that runs from the
>tank to the fuel pump and am getting frustrated.  There is such a sharp bend
>in the hose that it binds and completely closes.  My question is this:  I
>can not find the line at any of bigger parts suppliers so is there some
>trick to get  a hose from a local store to work?

I'm a week or so behind on the digest, but so far no one has answered you
question that I'm aware of, so here's my 40 Lire:

I replaced said fuel line during my lunch break at school one day in
December--went off without a hitch, except for the vice principal not
liking the spilled gasoline on the sidewalk in front of the school where I
did the work.  Here's the scoop--firstly, it's not .5"--it's supposed to be
11mm (I think), and I used 7/16" (I think--my receipt doesn't say).  For
that elbow, my local family-owned car parts place (they carry Pronto among
other brands of stuff) had just the elbow in stock, and it this elbow only
came in 7/16" fuel hose, so I have to wonder if their parts supplier
intended it specifically for this application...  Anyway, my receipt says
"GAT 21784"--maybe your store can cross that over.  If I'm looking at the
right item on the receipt (can't be certain--just says "HOSE"), it cost
$6.00.  Then you just get a little union and a pair of hose clamps and
you're in business.  I did the job in 25 minutes--"B" lunch shift at my
school--"A" lunch I ate at Taco Bell with a girl (I ended up buying because
I lost a bet as to how big a gas puddle my car would make while we ate),
giving myself 2 shifts or 50 mins to do the job--got done in 25 and sat
down in the cafeteria wreaking of gasoline to enjoy "C" lunch with my
buddies!

Hope that helps,
Joe Elliott
'82 GTV6