Re: Spider alignment

Steven Mosier asked:

>  I've been told that an uncentered steering wheel (when driving straight
>  ahead) is a sign of bad front end alignment, and in fact on other cars an
>  alignment has fixed that. But the wheel in my 93 Veloce is slightly off
>  (maybe 10 degrees) so I had an alignment done, and its still off.  Car
>  doesn't seem to pull at all.  Should I be concerned or ask that the
>  alignment be redone?

Steve--

A properly done alignment will have the steering wheel pointed straight when
the rest of the car is going that way. However, a steering wheel that is
askew (mine is as well) does not mean that anything is wrong with the wheels
on the ground. Since your car tracks straight, my guess is that everything is
fine underneath. Just have to put up with the unpleasantness of an off-center
steering wheel.

Bob Rice
Tampa FL
86 Spider