Re: Induction

Karl Robrock asked:

>  My 164 stock infinity stereo has the following problem: when the volume is
>  high and there is not much music playing the engine humm can be heard
>  through the speakers.

Without hearing the actual sound, I can't be sure. Two likely sources are
plugs or alternator whine. If it is plugs, the sound should be more of a
rapid popping sound at low RPMs. Otherwise suspect the alternator. There
should be an alternator suppressor somewhere in the charging system to
prevent that. When the suppressor goes bad, the whine can be quite
irritating. You might be able to fix it with a suitable gadget from Radio
Shack. Perhaps someone else on the list will have a better source.

Good luck Karl.

Bob Rice
Tampa FL
86 Spider