Re: Spider info wanted

VLAD asked:

>  I'm looking to add an '86 Spider to my 91 164. Is an '86 with power
windows
> supposed to have power steering?

   -- [No]

>  Also, how hard is it to fix rust on rocker panels on these cars. I saw on
the
> IAP catalog several replacement parts listed. How many items are involved
into
> a rocker panel? upper, lower inner and outer? (hehe)

   -- [Depends on your cutting and welding skills. There are several pieces.
Only need to replace the ones that are rusted. I haven't had to do this yet,
though it looks like the 86 uses all of the parts listed in the catalog (if
they are all bad).]

>  What else should I look for in this car?

   --[The usual stuff. Tom Braden's Alfa Bible is a good bet for what to look
for.]

>  Idles quite roughly,

- -- [Before I bought it, mine did too. AlfaBill made a few adjustments and
runs like a horse since (the Spider, not Bill)]

Hope it works out for you Vlad.

Bob Rice
Tampa FL
86 Spider