Re: REVOLUTION!!!

Jeffrey.Weiss@domain.elided wrote:
> > Heider? Clinton? GM? Hitler? BMW? Le Pen? Mussolini? Alfa? Blair?
>
> rpw can correct me if I'm wrong here (I think he's been around the Internet
> even longer than I have), but.....
>
> I believe it's generally agreed (at least on Usenet) that whenever Hitler is
> invoked, a thread is officially dead.
>
> My recollection, anyway.

That's also my recollection too. Once the discussion has reached the
point
where the politics of "Microsoft vs Apple" or "Why gas is $2/gallon"
or whatever, is equated to the politics that lead to the death of six
million
Jews (and many others) then it is generally agreed that all rational
argument is long over, therefore the thread is officially dead.

Anyone for Corvette bashing, or cupholders?

ALFA content - has anyone heard of any official return to rallying
by any FIAT group company? In the early 1980's it was not unusual to
see Lancia 037 wining a tarmac round of the WRC, with an Alfa taking
the Group A class. At least twice in the 1980's an Alfa has won the
Group A class at Monte Carlo and I recall the GTV6 taking 1st in
Group A at the Tour de Corse.

Later in the 80's when Group A became the main class, it was the
turn of the Lancia Delta Integrale, but now there is not single
Italian Car in world rallying.

So what is a WRC fan, who also loves Italian cars to do?
Every year the WRC comes to New Zealand with teams from Subaru,
Mitsubishi, Toyota, Ford, Seat etc.

But for many years, no Lancia. While it is nice to see the 156
in various national touring car series and Ferrari in F1, there
is a gap there in the WRC.

Has anyone heard is any FIAT group company will return to what
is the second highest level in International motorsport?

- --
Alex Jenner -  mailto:alexj@domain.elided
Auckland New Zealand....
One of those upside down places, turn left at Australia,
fly another 2 - 3 hrs. It's the place with the green grass
lots of sheep and some Alfa's (both old and new) too.