Re: alfa-digest V7 #1479

In a message dated 03/23/2000 5:26:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< My only concern is that GM doesn't drop the marketing ball when it comes
 to re-importing our beloved marque. The last thing I heard, is that Saturn
 dealers will be carrying the Alfa Romeo nameplate. >>

If only Alfa could benefit from the terrific Hal Riney Saturn advertising!!!
I am not much of a fan of the product, but Saturn's advertising has been
pretty consistently brilliant.  However, it is brilliant to the tune of
around US $40 million a year.  Would GM risk that much to try to sell another
brand of cars, when they could be hoodwinking people into more profitable
SUVs and pickups?

Time will tell.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA