Existing dealers

Ok, I remember some recent posts about whether or not existing Alfa =
dealers will be able to sell new Alfas.  What about service work?  =
There's no way I'd let any other shop work on my Alfa besides the one I =
use now, Ferrari of Seattle (formerly Bellevue Alfa Romeo).  Pasquale =
Perrina is absolutely amazing, I wish I had a clone of him for help =
during my 'backyard mechanic' jobs.  I strayed from them once and =
learned the hard way. =20

Would anyone out there subject a new Alfa to mechanics that have no =
knowledge about them?  I assume they would be put through a training =
program but how much can this really help?  "Geez, the darn thing's a 4 =
banger with 8 spark plugs!"  You go to pick up your keys from the =
service guy, "Sir, your Alfa Romero is all ready to go".  Sighhhh  :(

Another thing, it just wouldn't be the same going down to hang out with =
the crew at the Saturn dealer on a lazy Saturday afternoon like I can at =
my shop.  It's great, cruise down there, look at all the Italian cars, =
chat with employees, see fellow Alfisti doing the same thing you're =
doing.  Then an hour or two later fire up your Alfa and go for drive.  I =
really can't see it happening, sorry.  Of course I could always get a =
donut at the Saturn dealer.

Ciao,
Zach
Redmond, WA
'91 164S <-- the summer tires & wheels on back on, sooo much better!
'76 Alfetta GT  <-- ???
'00 Suzuki SV650  <-- needs a louder exhaust