Re: Alfa Rentals

In a message dated 3/22/00 5:09:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-alfa

Luca wrote:
<<
 mmhh.. international flights are all in Malpensa.  Malpensa is the new
 one and all the main traffic has moved there.
 So, any american flying over here in Milan will land in Malpensa.

Yes, Luca, Linate is mainly for domestic "internal" flights. ie businessmen
fly
from there and can afford to, and apparently expect to rent Alfa's. So
they have Alfa's available there.

As others have mentioned, Hertz, etc advertise and even have pictures
of Alfa's in their literature and on their web sites. However, upon arrival at
Malpense, NO rental companies had any Alfa's. Had to settle for a FIAT.
Not too bad, actually. I was told the story of no Alfa's at Malpense, but
plenty at Linate, by several of the rental companies at the Malpense airport.
Upon walking thru the parking lot "shared" by all the rental companies, NO
Alfa's were to be seen, which verified the stories I had been told.

We subsequently got a 156 1.6 twin spark, 78km on the speedometer,
from Avis in Sorrento. Two actually, as we were travelling with friends.
They normally don't have any, but I called the  branch directly several times
requesting a 156 . They were brought in specially for us from Naples.

Maybe if  you call the rental  companies branches at Malpense directly,
they will bring in a 156, or 166 for you.

Good Luck

Howard Jacobs
Cleveland OH

1984 Maratona, etc