dirty coolant bottle

> I cleaned it out as best I could (flush with water/some mild
> solvents) then scraped as much out as I could with a wire, but there's
> still plenty of it stuck on the sides of the tank.
>
> How do I clean it out?  What sort of solvent is the
> best for this gunk?
>
> dave.

Since this sounds like mineral based crud, you use the
chemcial opposite to remove it. Try a store product like CLR
or LimeAway and let it sit until the stuf is gone and then
rinse it out.

If it's really oil, then use a water soluable degreaser
light Castrol Super clean and let it sit for a while and
swish it around.

Bill

- --
*Bill Harkell				           *