164 lug bolt fitment

i am trying to mount my new 16" 156 wheels onto the 164S.  from europe i
brought back a set of what i believed were the necessary longer length
bolts; their bottoming out indicates a shorter bolt: it seems 54mm total
length, 30mm threaded shaft length (i believe there are also 26mm threads
on the same 30mm shaft, and either would do).  i have had little luck
finding such bolts, except for one place which want $4./each - i'd like
to spend much less than $80, if possible.  my questions are:

1)  any sources (no alfabill does not have them)?
2)  has anyone ever fitted studs and nuts on his/her 164?  are there any
disadvantages of running studs on this car?

thank you,
ascher 	baer

 ascher@domain.elided