164 water pump - timing belt finished!

Boy I am glad to have finished this job!  Many thanks to all who
provided comments and suggestions that helped complete this job.  A
curious situation regarding this thing.  Prior to doing this job the Low
Coolant light would come after the temperature got to about 170
degrees.  Figured that as I was losing coolant because of the leaking
water pump this made sense.  Now everything is tight, no loss of
coolant, the light again comes on once operating temperature is
reached.  I decided to disconnect the sensor until I have a chance to
check it out.  Pulled the plug on the sensor and guess what, the light
remains on.  What gives?

Thanks again to all (maybe this one can be answered),

Paul Weimer
Pataskala, OH