Trunk release cable

Terry wrote:

Guys, mine broke today right at the inside lever.  Any tips on replacing
same?  I know this has been discussed before, but of course I didn't pay
attention at the time.  I found the hole where one can pry open the
in-the-trunk latch and it seems easy to rig a backup....cable and back up
would work much easier if the spring was removed.  Can anyone suggest a
reason for not removing the spring??
Cheers, Terry

Remove the mounting bracket from the "BV" post and you can usually pull the
release cable with a pliers. Then disconnect the cable from the lock in the
truck, pull the old calbe out of the housing, lubricate the new cable and slide
it into the housing and connect it to the lock lever.

Be careful removing the housing from the "B" post as it is plastic and can break
fairly easy.

I've replace this cable on my 91 Spider at least twice, I keep a spare just in
case it breaks again. But, since Alfa changed the design on the end of the cable
I haven't borken one since. The old style had what looked like a washer attached
to the cable. The new style has a loop on the end of the cable making it more
flexable and bends easier and last a lot longer.

Ralph Fetsch
Cordova, TN (Memphis area)
91 Spider Veloce w/auto 170,000+ miles
64 Giulia 1600 Spider