Wet Spider -- Where's the drain hole?

1974 Spider, new top, but still collects a fair amount
of water in the rear parcel shelf on the drivers side.
 Here's the problem...the drain hole is clear as far
as I can tell but often water flows out of the hole
when the car is on a hill with the nose up.  It's as
if the water is draining out of the passenger
compartment but then being collected somewhere under
the floor.  I soak up what I can but then as soon as I
drive it water flows back through the hole, onto the
parcel shelf.  So where does the water go through that
drain hole?  Is there a frame rail under that hole
that may be filling with water (not a good thing)?
Currently the car is in Va. and I'm in Wa., otherwise
I'd just pour water in the passenger side and look
underneath and see where it comes out.  I'll try and
convince the person babysitting my car to do the same,
but I just don't see her doing that.  Any advice on
specific locations to look for blockage would be
appreciated.
Bryan Carter
Olympia, Wa. -- does it ever stop raining here?