Re: Jay Leno

I have spoken with Jay on a few occasions and can assure you he does
appreciate Alfas.  While returning from the purchase of the most recent
spider I noticed an open touring car coming up in the slow lane.  Don't
recall if it was a Duesenberg or Lagonda now, something pricey.  Slowed
to let it pull alongside and behind the wheel was Jay, who gave me a
thumbs up and a nod of approval, this for a somewhat shoddy 85 grad.  He
is a regular attendee of the "Best of France and Italy" show.  If we
can't laugh at ourselves, we likely can't fully appreciate the humor in
the vehicles the rest of the world drives.  And if our cars didn't break
down every once in a while we'd have nothing much to talk about here
other than cup-holders and snow tires and oil characteristics.  My
experience has been that Every Alfa I have owned has been more
dependable than the single Camaro Z-28 I had.  And the Honda Accord I
had while extremely reliable and trouble free was no fun to drive.  I
think the 20% GM acquired is about right, leaves a good majority in the
hands of the folks it should be in.

Ian
Fullerton, California