Re: gas prices

Robert,

Well put.  I'm an american, and WELCOME $2/gallon gas prices.  America has too
long considered cheap petrol a birthright, and as you mention, it shows in
vehicle design.  And apart from select urban areas, it shows in the built
environment, as well.  There is a long standing tradition which is unhealthy
and should be challengened, even if it means a slap in the face.

Do I still want a 3 litre V6?  Yes, but I think it should be a luxury.  I do
have some sympathy for the poor (and also for independent truckers), but again,
things need to change (and will eventually, one way or another).  I believe
that, at present, over 50% of new vehicles sold in the U.S are SUV's or pickup
trucks.  Sure, some people have legitimate use for vehicles like this.  But
nowhere near %50.  This is absurd.

I apologize for the rant, but this hits a nerve.

Hal Taylor
'86 spider veloce "Strega" (luxurious enough at 2 litres)